Monday, May 27, 2013

Big News... Caster

Dash across Scenic Locations destroying bug like creatures called the Flanx using 6 Unique Attacks that include Massive Terrain Deformation and High Speed Barrages of Energy Blasts!
Caster is an intense 3rd person action shooter experience with pulse pounding music that will keep you wanting more!

That's right folks, today's review is Caster. I finally played it. I enjoyed it. But that is not the point of a review. Let's begin shall we?

Caster let's you choose in difficulty levels. For this part of the review I played the first real mission on all three. Casual was, obviously, the easiest. I killed every Flanx and collected all the energy in about 1.5 minutes. Normal wasn't much harder. I again killed every Flanx and collected all the energy in just over 2 minutes. Extreme, however, took a lot more effort. I died 3 times just trying to kill the Fish Flanx. It took me 4 tries to finish the mission and took me about 8 minutes. While this challenge is relative to me, it shows a big difference in the difficulties.

Story wise, the game is still incomplete. It is an interesting story, but a bland one. The premise is you are stopping an overrun of weird creatures called Flanx from destroying areas you are assigned to. You slowly get stronger and eventually clear out an entire area, then move on to the next. Currently there are 2 areas, the second one unfinished.

I did have to configure a few things to get the game to run, though in the end it wasn't much work. I just had to remove all the non audio related libraries from the folder and it ran fine. Of course, some people would find this to be a big issue, so I can consider it a bug.

Overall, the game was fun, but needs work. I would love to see multiplayer finalized, as I had fun taking out my evil twin in extremely fast paced battle. It would be fun taking on other players in this game, but until more updates are out, we'll have to wait. Final score: Toast

Caster can be purchased at several locations:

No comments:

Post a Comment