Friday, April 3, 2015

Big News... Dreaming Sarah

Sarah has been on an accident and is in a coma. It's up to you help her wake up by exploring her dream world while collecting items, talking to weird characters and exploring the world around her! 

You wake up in the middle of a forest. You don't know what's going on. All you can do is walk left or right. Dreaming Sarah is a very surreal experience. I want to do a full review though, so here we go.

Gameplay

This game could easily be considered a point n click adventure, except you control the whole thing via the keyboard. The controls, by default, are 'z' to jump, 'x' to interact, 'c' to walk instead of run and 'space' to change equipment. I had to change space out for another button due to habit of jumping being mapped to it.

Bugs

I managed to encounter one bug. When you enter the elevator, you are supposed to press a button to make it move. I went into it on accident, and when I tried leaving, it put me in the other room. I've only been able to do this once, so it's not a massive one, and it doesn't affect gameplay.

Story

I already outlined the story when just copy pasting the description from the game's Steam page. The game has a very surreal atmosphere though, and some of the secrets it hides are... interesting so to speak. One secret is a dead cat that's had it's brain removed. I am not making that up.

That poor dead cat. Had it's throat slit and everything.

Alright, while Dreaming Sarah is the first game I've actually gotten every achievement for, it was not easy. I actually had to look up how to progress for a section because I couldn't find the next area. Some of you who play it may not struggle like I did, but still. The item in question was a doll and I didn't know to look where it was. My final thoughts on this game are as follows. It is an interesting surreal experience, and I recommend trying it if you like strange environments. The final grade for this game is crispy toast. It had a lot going for it, but I've played many games similar in tone and story, so it lacked a certain punch for me. It's still well done though.


Dreaming Sarah can be purchased on it's Steam page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/296870

No comments:

Post a Comment